Saturday, August 17, 2013

Arby 'n' the Chief S07E25: "Ignition" (Series Finale)

Hey all,

Well, this is it.

Arby 'n' the Chief S07E25: "Ignition" (Series Finale)

It's been a good run.  I can't say that I'm sad to see the show go, though.  Not in a hateful way, just that it seems like an appropriate time to end it.

Truthfully, the figures couldn't survive for another season anyway.  Every joint of the two of them is hilariously loose, and the Master Chief figurine literally kept crumbling in my grasp during the grueling filming of the finale.  It was a fucking nightmare.  I lost count of the amount of takes that were ruined by Master Chief falling to pieces in my grip, despite my effort to keep the figure together with duct tape and Elmer's glue.  If I had a swear jar during the production, I'd have had to drain my bank balance.

My apartment's still a mess from shooting.  Haven't even scrubbed the fake blood off of my front door yet.

That said, I'm feeling great right now.  The finale's reception so far seems to be overall very positive, and I've spent so long trying to keep my head above water with the show's production that to be finally out of the pool is an immense relief.

I don't expect everybody to be pleased by the ending.  In fact, it'd be a miracle if everybody was, but I know it won't happen.  However, the ending pleases me, and I've learned to aim for pleasing myself with what I write.

Thank you very much to you all for your tremendous support over the years.  I feel proud to have made something that made people itch to find out what happens each week.  I feel that this seventh season is my best work thus far in terms of writing interesting and developing characters, and I'm glad to have it out there on the net for display.  Hopefully it factors somehow into kick-starting my Hollywood career so I can sell out and abuse hard drugs.

I'd also like to offer a big thank you to the staff at Machinima for putting up with my numerous delays, as well as offering me the creative freedom that I've had and the extra time I've asked for to maintain the show's quality.

I encourage fans to watch the entire season again, as it contains an abundance of foreshadowing all pointing towards the finale's final scene, starting with the first episode.

Also, please leave feedback in the comments section for the finale if you can, or shoot me an e-mail if you want.  I don't reply to everything, but I read everything.  I'd also appreciate feedback on the season as a whole as well as the finale itself; what you liked, what you didn't like, how well you felt everything was tied together by the end, and so on.

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers!
Jon