Friday, July 12, 2013

Production Stuff

Hey, guys.

Don't worry, I don't have another delay to announce.  The next episode should be available tomorrow.

What I do have to announce, however, is that I've had to add another episode to the remainder to air.  Tomorrow's episode will be called "Flatline", and "Event Horizon" will air on the following Saturday.  The reason for this is that, during the season's outlining, I underestimated how much meat I'd find on the bones on some of the future events I was organizing, which were listed in point-form.  I feel I have to spend a little more screen time tying loose ends before shit starts hitting the fan in the story, beginning with "Event Horizon", in which the action escalates quickly.  That's certainly not to say that "Flatline" is devoid of tension.  Far from it.  It is, however, a somewhat quiet episode.

As I said before, the only instance this is likely to happen again is with the finale, which I'm not sure whether to keep it at ten minutes or make it a double-length episode in order to make it a more satisfying close.  It'd be a little more difficult to get it out in the latter case, but I think I could pull it off.  The reason I'm torn is that I feel there's certain aesthetic benefits to both methods.  I think I'll make a poll asking what viewers prefer.

If you've stuck with the show for this long, please stick around for the rest.  I think I can say with confidence that the intensity doesn't lessen.  The last few episodes contain the highest points of tension in the show by far, and the last couple are in the finale.  If the finale were to be split into two, the second last episode would be called "Happy Place", which would end right on one of those peaks.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

You can also tweet me to share your thoughts on how the finale should be presented, providing you follow me and stomach my dreadful jokes.

Cheers,
Jon