Wednesday, August 1, 2012

News: "Ashes to Ashes" delay

Hey guys,

I've hit another speed-bump in production unfortunately and I can't submit the next story episode this upcoming Saturday.  I fully intended to up until an hour ago -- the script is finished at just over thirty pages (and I'm quite pleased with it) and I'm well into production on the episode, but I've been informed that the performer for a major character featured in the episode will be absent from the office for the remainder of the week and the earliest that I can have his voice-over work is on Monday.

I instead plan to release the finale for the first Bytes season this Saturday and save the next story episode for next week.

I realize that waiting five weeks for new episodes is pretty inexcusable.  I'm not sure what else I can do other than make major alterations to the script or push the character in question's scenes until a later episode, but I've done that earlier in the season and I can't really afford to do that anymore.

Really sorry about this, and I hope you aren't too sore about it.  Thanks again for your patience.

Best,
Jon