Sunday, April 15, 2012

Video: Arby 'n' the Chief - Bytes S01E02: "Day One Cookies"

Hey guys,

Here's the second episode of the "Bytes" season of shorts, "Day One Cookies," which was scheduled to come out yesterday:

Arby 'n' the Chief - Bytes S01E02: "Day One Cookies"

I also know why it was delayed.  One line of dialogue was removed from the video that aired, in which Chief shouts "There my cookies, faggot!"  (Yes, I'm aware that it should be "they're", it was meant to deflate Chief's argument as usual).  I'm not a big fan of censorship, but I believe this decision was well warranted.  I do make very liberal use of the word "faggot", to the point where it could be (and probably is) considered childish, and I understand the concern not to associate such a negative word with the subliminal subject in the sketch which Chief represents (watch it for yourself and you'll probably see what I mean by that).  I've been using it too often lately anyway.  But I hope everybody knows that I never use the word out of any genuine hatred or homophobia.  As I've had Arbiter say a while ago, it doesn't make sense to me that anybody could be condemned or condemn others for things outside of their control.  I use the word frequently because the communities of online gaming I depict in my subject matter use it so frequently, and I keep feeling the urge to use it purely for the sake of authenticity.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy, and please leave comments!  Comments, comments, comments.

Thanks,
Jon

P.S.  I ate all the cookies immediately after the shoot and, despite their appearance, them shits was fucking delicious.