Saturday, August 13, 2011

Video: Arby 'n' the Chief S06E05: "Chaos Theosis"

Hey guys,

The new episode of Arby 'n' the Chief is now available:

Arby 'n' the Chief S06E05: "Chaos Theosis"

I'm quite proud of the way this one turned out, some of my best work I think in terms of writing and cinematography.  Though some of you may be disappointed in that there is no live action portion in this episode. Sorry about that.  Unfortunately most of this season's story takes place in the game world and I have to keep it moving along.  But don't worry, more live action bits will come.

Also, thank you very much for the e-mails some of you have sent me in response to my previous TL;DR post, made me feel much better!

And please leave comments!

Also, there's some particularly foul language in this episode.  I'm not sure if I need to reiterate this, probably not, but by using some of the offensive terms in the episode my goal is not to offend, merely add an authentic edge to the portrayal of online play, which as most of us know is just as foul in reality.

Thanks,
Jon

UPDATE: Boy, people are really not liking this episode, are they?  The likes are high, but going by the comments, people are really torn on it.  Which really disappoints me because I actually thought people would like it, I was actually excited to put this one out.  I thought the script turned out well and although it was focused primarily on the hackers, there was still enough humor to make it appealing -- albeit much darker humor.  I thought people would appreciate the investment in the villains which would ultimately make their eventual confrontation with our heroes more engrossing.  Not so, it seems.  I see a lot of people regard the dialogue between the hackers as pointless drivel rather than revealing of character, which I don't really understand.  Several have even suggested just skipping to eight minutes in to skip that portion and get right to Arbiter and Master Chief.

But I get it.  People want more funny.  I'll keep that in mind for next time.  Sorry, everybody.