Monday, January 3, 2011

News: Arby 'n' the Chief Season 5 Details, Soundtrack

Hey guys,

I've been really hard at work on the upcoming fifth season.  Tons and tons of writing and rewriting... tedious, but creatively rewarding.  I'm really trying to up my game this time around, try some new things.

The most significant new aspect of this season is a much more story driven approach overall; each episode picks up from where the last leaves off, culminating in a strong finale by episode thirteen (seasons are thirteen episodes long) that will tie back to the first episode in a big way.  The season in its entirety revolves around the Arbiter and Master Chief finding purpose in their lives, as well as, within Halo: Reach, crashing the biggest online video game wedding in human history, the groom being hotshot gamer and loaded corporate tycoon Trent Donnovich, notorious for his ruthless business ethic.  I can't say much more than that right now other than there'll be interesting twists and turns, Greg the mute tarantula will play a meaty role throughout, and a trailer should be available soon.

Also, to tide over devoted fans until the season premiere, I've uploaded six short tracks, more or less loops but I feel they're half decent.  These tracks make up the season five soundtrack so far, but I'll probably end up composing some more later on:

Arby 'n' the Chief Season 5 Soundtrack (FileFront)

Track 01: Arby 'n' the Chief Main Theme
Track 02: Less Than Three
Track 03: Trent Donnovich
Track 04: Hypernews
Track 05: Storming the Church
Track 06: Noob Control

You'll need WinZIP or WinRAR.

I think I've gotten a lot better.  Most of my old musical attempts are shit.  I didn't bother uploading these to Newgrounds, the Audio Portal only takes two tracks a day, and everyone will just complain that they're basic loops anyway and not worthy of submission.  See what you think!

Hope you all had a happy new year.  Stay tuned!

Thanks,
Jon