Saturday, May 1, 2010

Video: One Life Remaining S2: Teaser

Hey all,

A teaser for the new season of One Life Remaining has been released and it can be viewed here.  On second glance, it doesn't really do the season much justice, but it was a total rush job -- I had originally intended to spend a bit of time on it and make it epic, but I was asked yesterday to whip it up and turn it in that afternoon ASAP so it could be aired today.

And it was not my idea for the Alan Wake stuff mixed in, sorry about that.  I didn't even know that was going to happen.  Especially that "HE KNOWS" thing that covers over 9000 percent of the screen... *headdesk*

And yeah, I finally got voice actors for this new season.  I realize some people are raging because I used to refuse help (due to the hassles of co-ordinating people), but things are a bit different at the Machinima.com offices now.  I have co-workers in the Los Angeles building, most with plenty of voice-over experience, perfectly willing to lend their talents and they also have a sound booth which means I don't have to worry about the quality being shit, and voices are recorded and delivered promptly so I can pop them right into the timeline.  Please don't take it personally if I turned you down for a voice-over position in the past.

Anyway, I know the trailer makes the season look boring and melodramatic, but I ask you to please reserve judgement until you see the first episode when it airs, or better yet, the second (they're both already completed), and I'm personally looking forward to doing a sequence in the third one that I think is really cool.

As for the series as a whole, it starts out a bit ordinary and calm but things pick up relatively quickly, and by the time the finale comes along it will be insane.

Thanks,
Jon