Wednesday, January 20, 2010

News: Hard Justice finale and other things

Sorry again for the lack of updates.  I have a good explanation.

...

Alright, I don't.

I'm like a sixth-grader standing awkwardly in front of his teacher trying frantically to come up with an acceptable reason for not doing homework, and not having one (been there 97293874 times).  I'm just a lazy fuck, that about sums it up.

"Hmm, I should really update my blog.  ...'Kay, right after another smoke and one more jiggy in Banjo-Kazooie."

Anyway, I thought the Hard Justice season finale would have been up last Saturday, but instead it was replaced with Arby 'n' the Chief in LA episode 4.  It's done, they have it, so it'll be up this upcoming Saturday instead.  A bit of info on the finale actually, I originally had it written out weeks ago, and then a few days before the production, I decided that it was too depressing and too much of a cliffhanger so I completely rewrote it, beefing up the original humor of the series people miss as well as the epicness.  There's a small nod to Modern Warfare 2's campaign in the finale by the way, in terms of music and camerawork.  I can't be the only one that was blown away by it's ending sequence.

Sorry about the mediocrity of the new Arby 'n' the Chief in LA series.  It's most likely at least partly my fault because of my writing and my decision to introduce new video game characters but I did what I thought was right to mix things up a little and make the show at least enjoyable.  I viewed the rough cut before it was released and I was pleased with it, but I guess when a lot of people start getting involved in your projects your vision is lost and you lose objectivity.  I'll continue to do my best.

Hard Justice is done, One Life Remaining's first season is nearly finished, and it won't be long before I have the writing done for the rest of the Arby 'n' the Chief in LA series.  After that, there's nothing concrete I can give you other than that I do plan to create a new series, and I'd like to do a short sketch comedy show where I don't have to worry about story arcs and continuity and I can concentrate on short, funny, relatable scenarios.

Thanks for keeping up with my blog and everything even though I'm pathetic at keeping the damn thing updated.

- Jon