Tuesday, December 15, 2009

News: Writing for ANTC

Hey.

So yeah, as I said before, Arby 'n' the Chief is now in the hands of a new production team, but I'm going to be in charge of the writing and voicework (not the subtitling though), and over the past couple of weeks I've really been working at creating a compelling season outline for the remaining 10 episodes of this new season (13 in total, first 3 are already out but don't follow a season outline), and that means following the formula for story structure as close as I can.  An inciting incident, the turning point, the midpoint, the low point, the climax and the plot twist, all a lot harder to lay out than people think.

I've also written a little Arby 'n' the Chief sketch for Machinima.com's upcoming mini Christmas montage, probably no more than thirty seconds that you might get a kick out of.

For the upcoming fourth episode and each one after, I'm also working with the production team via e-mail to get it as close to the original show as possible each time.  Don't think I haven't caught on to the millions of little things wrong with the first three.  You'll probably notice a big difference in the fourth episode, most noticeably a slower pace and a 24FPS cinematic film framerate.

Also, this new outline will be introducing some new characters (hopefully), so stay tuned.

Thanks,
Jon