Thursday, December 3, 2009

News: More stuff, Arby 'n' the Chief production info

Yo,

Today alone, I've received a ton of e-mails of concern and sympathy from fans regarding my last, lengthy blog entry, and I found that really touching.  I don't have the time to respond to them all, so I figured I'd respond to them all at once here.  I've read each one, and I'd like to thank you for taking the time to type out what you all had to say (some of you really went all-out).  To those that relate that have a similar condition who found some hope and/or comfort from what I had to say, I'm really glad.

Also, regarding Arby 'n' the Chief in LA, since I couldn't make it to the US, I will not be filming or directly... directing... the show.

I will, however, be handling all the writing and the voices.

So here's the deal I worked out with Machinima: I took over the story creation aspect, and I'm creating a season outline for the show.  I'm also handling the writing of each script.  Not only that, but I'm also handling the synthetic voices of the Arbiter and Master Chief (many of you must have noticed how the voices in the first two ANTC in LA episodes sounded fucked).

When I am done with the script and the voices for an episode, I send it to Machinima, and a film crew handles the production.  Filming, editing, subtitles, music, credits, all that shit.

After that, I will be given a rough cut, basically their version of a finished product, that I will examine and hand back with notes on how to tweak it (for example, if a certain scene needs to be a few seconds longer or shorter, if there needs to be a longer or shorter pause in a conversation, if a particular scene needs to be re-shot, etc).

Once the film crew and I are happy on both ends, the finished product will be released on YouTube.

So hopefully, this will mean a dramatic increase in quality in the coming episodes starting from the upcoming third episode, and will come extremely close, if not match the show you've all known and loved (or hated).

So yeah, for some of you, that should be some great news.  I will be the writer and executive producer of the show now.

I have to say I'm looking forward to it, too.  Not having the production side of shit to do, I can focus much more on the writing and try to make it as funny as I can and not get bogged down and worn out from overwork.

Stay tuned, and thanks again for your kind words!

Thanks,
Jon

P.S. I made the blog text larger, as requested by some of you.  Don't forget that you can also hold CTRL and roll your mouse wheel up and down to manually change the text size on the blog, or for any web page for that matter.